Surfing School - Equipment - Parking Lot Essentials
When you finally get to the parking lot of your favorite surf spot, you'll be in need of certain items while suiting up and after your session when you just want to get home. It usually sucks if you find out you forgot a key item and it may even halt your surf outting, so pay attention.
- Make sure you have a place for your car key.
- You should always have sun block with you.
- Never forget wax and a comb just incase.
- Have a towel so you can change, or end up using your shirt.
- Have your board and leash (important one).
- Make sure you remove your beanie before going in water (it happens).
- Bring your watch if you need one.
- "Many board shorts have a pocket large enough to fit a Power or Cliff bar in them. The packaging is water tight and man that is a GOOD snack in the middle of a long session. All is good assuming of course the wrapper is redeposited in the pocket and not the water." Thanks for the idea Bret, now we can start our post-surf munch while still in the water.
- Have a changing mat so you don't get all dirty. A square piece of carpet works well.
- Have a bucket or something for your wetsuit and rinsing your feet.
- Have a gallon or more of hot water to rinse (very nice when cold).
- Bring some Q-Tips.
- If going to work after, then bring your work items.
- Make sure you take your board and don't leave anything behind.
If we forgot anything let us know and we'll add it.